As far as meat and veggie pairings, it doesn’t get much better than beef and broccoli. As far as easy and delicious weeknight dinners, it doesn’t get much better than our beef and broccoli recipe. A few simple steps, and you’ll be in dinner nirvana and ready to declare yourself a (Cast) Iron Chef!
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into pieces
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 cup cooked rice, for serving
- In a bowl, add chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and lime juice. Add steak to marinate for 10 minutes or more.
- Heat your Stargazer Cast Iron Skillet over high heat. Add steak with remaining sauce, and sear (around 2 minutes each side).
- Add broccoli, and season generously with salt and pepper. Bring the temperature down to a simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until broccoli and steak are fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with green onion, garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.