Originating from the British American colonies, the cobbler is dish consisting of a fruit (or sometimes savory) filling topped with batter or crumbled biscuits and then baked to achieve that perfect texture and crunch. We’ve decided to stick with the traditional dessert with our mixed berry cobbler, giving you a nice variety of those fresh and sweet berry tastes. So grab a cold glass of milk or nice hot cup of coffee and dig into this decadent dessert topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 4 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter, cold and cubed
- Vanilla ice cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet, toss berries with sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and cubed butter. Mix until crumbly but will stick together when pressed together with your fingers.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of berries and bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.