Named after their popularity in the city of Brussels, Belgium, Brussels sprouts can be prepared and enjoyed via a variety of different cooking methods with a seemingly endless possibility of ingredients to be added. We’ve decided to keep things simple and delicious with some bacon, parmesan cheese and a little onion. This is one quick and easy veggie side dish you’ll want to make over and over again!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pat of butter or touch of other cooking oil
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet. Allow to drain on a paper towel, roughly chop and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add Brussels sprouts. Cook for 10 minutes to soften, then drain and set aside.
- In your skillet over medium heat, add a pat of butter or touch of cooking oil to the bacon fat. Add the onions, and cook until translucent.
- Add Brussels sprouts, bacon pieces, salt and parmesan cheese. Toss, finish and serve warm.