Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! 🍀🍀 We’ve decided to celebrate this year with our Irish Banger Skillet, which combines a few Irish classics without the hassle of washing multiple pots and pans. After all, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen when you have songs to sing and jigs to dance. So grab your pint of Guinness or another favorite stout, and sink your teeth into this delicious medley of Irish sausage, potatoes, cabbage and more. Cheers! 🍻
- 1 pound Irish Sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 red skinned potatoes, thinly sliced and halved
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sausage on a baking sheet and heat through for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and slice.
- In your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet over medium heat, add oil then onions and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes and cabbage. Pour in broth and cover. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots begin to soften.
- Add sausage to skillet then cover once more for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.