Happy Cinco de Mayo! We’re celebrating today with our Mexican chicken breast, a cheesy, juicy and fresh dish that is sure to be a hit at your Cinco de Mayo gathering or whenever you decide to make it. So, grab your margarita or a nice cold glass of your favorite cerveza, and prepare to have those taste buds singing for joy!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cup red salsa
- ¼ pound Oaxaca or Manchego cheese (or a different favorite), sliced
- 1½ cups pico de gallo (store bought or homemade if you can)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add chicken and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Drizzle with salsa and place in the oven to cook internally.
- Once cooked through (about 25 minutes), add a slice of cheese to each chicken breast. Place back in the oven for a few minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven, add pico de gallo and sprinkle with salt. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.