When it comes to delicious pasta dishes, there are almost an infinite number of possibilities, and we’ve found a winning combination with our orecchiette pasta with mushrooms and bacon. This dish is simple to make, and is packed with some spectacular earthy and umami flavors. Trust us: one bite, and you’ll think you’ve stepped into the latest, trendy gourmet spot. So, have a glass of a nice red Burgundy, Pinot Noir or a simple Chardonnay at the ready and get to it!
- 4 slices bacon
- 16 oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz orecchiette pasta
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Cook bacon in your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet and reserve drippings in the pan. Place bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet and continue to cook over medium/low heat. Cook until mushrooms are browned and softened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate pot until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and chicken broth to your skillet. Cut your bacon into pieces and add to the skillet along with red wine vinegar and green onions.
- Stir in pasta and coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve warm.