We’re here to make sure your side dish is more than just an afterthought with this scrumptious skillet greens with ham recipe. The mix of hearty flavors will leave your guests coming back for more, and with the optional addition of fried eggs, you can easily transform this into a light meal as well! Let your inner chef shine!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 oz boneless ham steak, trimmed and diced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed into a paste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 bunches rainbow chard, stems removed, washed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 fried eggs, optional, for serving
- Add the oil to your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on most sides, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add butter to the skillet, then add onion and cook until softened, 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for another 1 minute. Then add chopped rainbow chard and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until greens have just wilted.
- Add stock and cook until liquid has evaporated. Then add the ham back to skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes to warm through.
- Divide mixture among serving plates and top each with a fried egg (if desired). Serve warm.