You know you have to eat your veggies, but there’s no rule that says they have to be bland or boring! Our veggie couscous brings some life and flavor to the vegetable realm, with chickpeas for added protein. Just a few easy steps, and you’ll have mastered a delicious and healthy meal you can whip up in no time!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 10-ounce package plain couscous
- Heat your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil along with the veggies and chickpeas.
- Cook the veggies and chickpeas for a few minutes until they are softened and you can see some browning on the zucchini and onion.
- In a separate pan, add vegetable broth, bringing it to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- After five minutes or so, fluff couscous with a fork then add it to your skillet with the veggies and chickpeas.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss. Serve immediately.